NO THIRD PARTY RESUMES ACCEPTED
The Product, Technology, and Experience Researcher, Product Strategy & Planning, conducts mobility research and benchmarking and develops strategic plans for new products and technology in the areas of infotainment, connectivity, advanced driving assistance systems, autonomous vehicles, safety, lighting, and chassis components, including steering and brakes. This position collaborates with other researchers, planners, and functional engineering groups in Plymouth, Michigan as part of the Research and Development team at Mobis Technical Center America (MTCA).
- Conduct product, customer, experience, and technology benchmarking and research.
- Inform and communicate technology trends to R&D teams.
- Utilize human-centered research techniques to champion the voice of the customer and identify insights leading to hidden opportunities.
- Document, analyze, and present research data, deliver actionable recommendations that highlight market opportunities and inform new product strategies.
- Develop and compile targeted research and data for local R&D teams.
- Support research requests and communicate results to R&D headquarters in Korea.
- Support regulatory researcher in understanding government rules and regulations pertinent to areas of research.
- Author and communicate written and verbal research reports and presentations to R&D team and leadership.
- Identify conferences, seminars, trade shows and meetings relevant to areas of research and collaborate with product teams for attendance.
- Identify and cultivate relationships and collaboration with technology partners, startups, and academic institutions in support of current and future product development.
Collaborative Working Relationships
- Work collaboratively with R & D team members, sales team, and headquarter colleagues in Mabuk, Korea (R&D Planning Team, Technical Strategy Team)
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Industrial Design, or related discipline or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years industry experience conducting product, technology, and user experience research and benchmarking.
- Ability to analyze qualitative and quantitive research data, create effective presentations, and communicate actionable point of view to product teams.
- Ability to scope a research process, lead fieldwork, conduct interviews and do desk research.
- Experience using human centered design, design thinking principles or similar methodology.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects running concurrently.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience in automotive industry including automotive component and technology research.
- Product Development and POC experience.
- Product marketing and/or marketing communications experience.
- Experience in collaborating with startups and educational institutions.
- Anthropology, psychology or related experience.
Key Result Areas & Success Indicators
- Strong market research reports completed in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated understanding of automotive industry and trends.
- Delivery of actionable recommendations for new products.
- Preferred Korean but not required
- Coordination & Integration
- Problem Solving
- Product & Process Understanding
- Analytical Thinking
- ~20% to domestic and Korea
TO APPLY click here