Position is Design responsible for Conventional and Electronic Braking System Products, supporting OEM Applications in the North American region
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Comprehensive technical leadership and project ownership with the design/development/adaptation of existing conventional and electronic brake component/system designs to new and existing OEM customer applications.
- Lead the design/development/adaptation of existing conventional and electronic brake component/system designs to new/existing OEM customer applications.
- Provide design innovations and technical leadership as needed to achieve project goals.
- Maintain design ownership of project from concept through product manufacturing launch.
- Perform and comprehend necessary calculations required to select brake system sizing, predict output, assure function, and achieve customer requested performance.
- Request and act upon FEA, NVH, and other CAE analysis/support information as needed to make appropriate engineering decisions.
- Act as project leader to gather and understand all relevant project information, maintain project folders, liaise with customer on technical issues, and interface with other departments and functions as needed.
- Organize and conduct project design reviews within both local and global R&D organization, local and global management, at manufacturing plants, with customer, and at component suppliers as needed.
- Direct local and globally based CAD designers in execution of brake application packaging, design modifications, and production of solid models and detail drawings. Check drawings for approval, and prepare associated release documentation.
- Prepare and deliver presentation materials in support of new program proposals and during project development phases to communicate information.
- Provide problem solving capability for brake related project issues, both in-house and with the customer on specific applications. Track, monitor, and communicate project open issue status for project design/development/applications.
- Generate and update DFMEA for brake designs, follow up on action items to address high severity and RPN items.
- Maintain awareness of program timing milestones related to design engineering and achieve target timing for design/development/application tasks.
- Work within established procedures and work instructions while supporting development/enhancement of procedures and work instructions, observing guidelines for brake design.
- Participation with colleagues in planning, execution, and reporting of experimental and validation testing for conventional and electronic brake components.
- Analyze test results and analysis, and recommend corrective actions in cases of performance non-compliance.
- Work closely with other application engineers, validation engineers, and project managers to ensure compliance with customer's specifications and timing requirements.
- Participate collaboratively in the design and creation of test procedures; recommend and implement improvements to test equipment, procedures, and methodologies.
- Provide leadership with validation engineers and technicians in performing procedures and technical aspects of test and measurement execution.
- Perform modifications to test samples when necessary, ability to assemble conventional and electronic brake system components from sub-components, participation in the creation of product design concepts, components, and fixture drawings using commercial software (i.e. CATIA, Auto-Cad, Solid Works, ME-10.)
- Use of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing on drawings.
- Perform all required functions on multiple applications simultaneously.
- Report to management and stakeholders on status, outcomes, and results versus established targets and metrics.
- Travel locally, domestically, and worldwide, up to 20%.
- Lead or participate in globally hosted meetings.
- Home office work venue.
- Report to Manager, Brake Engineering.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- 5+ years in mechanical design for automotive applications
- BS/MS in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- Experience with APQP disciplines
- Experience with participation in change control processes
- Demonstrated experience directly related to the design of conventional/foundation and/or electronic braking component/system applications for the automotive industry
- Solid understanding of design concepts, including mechanics, mechatronics, physics, kinematics, materials science, etc.
- Flexibility to participate in early morning or late evening global teleconferences as needed
- 5+ years in mechanical design for automotive brake system applications
- Application of intuitive thinking, and pursuit of innovation and creative problem solving
- Experience/exposure applying various problem solving tools
- Demonstrated experience applying the use of commercial design and analysis tools (i.e. CATIA, Auto-Cad, Solid Works, ME-10, MATLAB, etc.)
- Exposure to small electronic motors in automotive applications
- Exposure to electronic control module applications
- Experience reporting to/negotiating with OEM organizational management
- Strong interpersonal, writing, and verbal communication skills
To Apply: Click Here