No Third Party Resumes Accepted.
The successful candidate will be the nucleus of a new functional safety capability in North America. This requires expert knowledge and experience in developing and applying safety standards and practices to advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) and automated driving (AD) features. The ideal candidate has functional safety education, knowledge, and experience, is a self-starter, and holds others accountable to meet commitments.
- Responsible for functional safety development on system level and the respective tests during the development of safety systems in order to meet the requirement of corresponding standards such ISO26262, and the safety-of-the-intended-function (SOTIF) standard once it is fully approved.
- Supporting functional safety development in the field of hardware and software development during the development of safety systems in order to meet the requirements of corresponding standards such as ISO26262 efficiently.
- Responsible for the documentation on system level related to functional safety (functional safety concept, safety case, etc.)
- Evaluate the design with analysis method such as FMEA, FTA, FMEDA etc. to prove the safety targets previously set have been achieved and new risks are under control.
- Coordinate the functional safety activities between different systems, working as system of system.
- Supporting Functional Safety discussion in customer projects for all related products.
- Support internal functional safety assessment
- Supporting and evaluating sub-suppliers in the field of functional safety
- Representing functional safety interests inside the company, establish the safety culture
- Other job assigned by Department Manager
Collaborative Working Relationships
- Work collaboratively with the local advanced engineering team(s)
- Work with the Korean team to gain understanding and get questions answered
- Technical support for the projects in Advanced Engineering (AE) department
- Support sales teams for OEM meetings on issues related to safety
- 3+ years of experience in functional safety for automotive
- Bachelor degree in Electrical, Computer Engineering, or related fields
- Certification in functional safety (ISO26262)
- Experience with ADAS / AD systems, such as Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane Keep Assist, Lane Change Assist, and Autonomous Emergency Braking.
- Ability to work collaboratively with global partners, particularly Asia.
- Ability to utilize CAN tools (CANape, CANoe, etc.) and other test equipment
- Experience in systems, applications, safety goals, and requirements engineering
- Good understanding of vehicle architecture and driver assistance Interfaces.
- Good understanding of vehicle/ECU communication protocols
- Capable to work independently in an organized and structured fashion with strong analytical skills
- Knowledge in vehicle dynamics and embedded system development
- Basic software, electronics, vehicle communication knowledge, such as CAN, Ethernet, and OBDII
- Good verbal and written English communication and presentation skills
- 3 or more years' experience in systems / requirements engineering
- Understanding and willingness to work on safety-of-the-intended-function (SOTIF) standard once it is fully approved.
- Travel up to 15% of the time including domestic and international travel for training and coordination
- Achievement, Monitoring & Feedback, Product & Process Understanding
- Problem Solving, Project Management
TO APPLY click here