Electrical Engineering development responsibilities:
- Know and apply fundamental electrical engineering concepts, practices, and procedures. Works under minimal supervision, and performs tasks that are somewhat varied and complex in nature.
- Provides electronics related engineering, design, development and production support to all new product development projects, according to established company processes from quotation through product launch.
- Lead root cause analysis and drive proper corrective actions for technical issues.
- Maintain industry standards and design guidelines while balancing the need for cost competitiveness and high quality.
- Drive continuous improvement of product design for reduced cost, increased performance, and high quality.
- Keen system level focus upon defining and verifying product engineering requirements and related vehicle interface requirements.
- Prioritize and guide group activities to design new products, modify existing products, and optimize designs for assembly.
- Generates new concepts for improving electronics design capabilities
Customer interfacing/Liaison responsibilities:
- All aspects of electronics related product design and development, from customer concept thru final requirements, review with customer and communication/coordination with local and / or overseas Mobis TC.
- Conduct feasibility reviews and communicate with Customer and MOBIS TC for all development engineering issues.
- Control and support engineering data/documents delivery between customer and local and / or overseas Mobis TC.
- Supports identification and resolution of electronics related Exterior Lighting Quality issues between customer, MOBIS TC and Mobis Mexico Plant .
- Support customer development stage events based on product development timing such as Lit Mockup and Plywood Mockup sample build, DV/PV Test, EMC Test between Customer and MOBIS TC.
- Work on-site but also frequently offsite at customer facilities, as needed.
- Perform bench marking and technology trend survey on Automotive Lighting system for North American market.
- 4+ years of experience in Electrical/Electronic product design. Experience in Lighting Electrical Engineering within automotive industry preferred.
- Engineering Degree- B.S. in Electrical/Electronic Engineering preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of Electrical hardware design, material, and system.
- Working knowledge of engineering concepts and principles.
- Knowledge of DFSS, FMEA, Design for Manufacturability preferred
- Knowledge of Stage gate product development, Lean Concepts, QFD, PPAP, and CPPM preferred.
- Process knowledge for PCB board assembly.
- Understanding of lighting technology, source types, LEDs and electrical components.
- Experience utilizing/designing for regulatory testing processes.
- Solid understanding of manufacturing processes involved with lighting Electric/Electronic parts.
- Excellent communication skill in terms of collaborating with R&D, marketing, manufacturing, domestic and third party suppliers and customers.
- Excellent ability to identify and drive resolution to engineering problems.
- Ability to travel to manufacturing locations in the USA and global locations, as needed
TO APPLY: CLICK HERE