The candidate will exhibit in-depth software design and coding skills and experience for next generation automotive infotainment (connected car technology). The candidate will be engaged in entire software design phase including requirement review, software design review, writing detail design specification, coding, creating test plan and test cases, intensive design level unit testing and vehicle quality events, field testing, on-site customer support as well. The candidate must have in-depth software design and coding skills, excellent communication skills, leadership skills, project management skills and strong interpersonal skills to work with customers effectively.
- Engage in all stage of software design and implementation activities for automotive infotainment (Telematics or Multimedia) features.
- Participate in design review and code inspection meeting.
- Participate in vehicle quality events.
- Creation of software requirement, design documents.
- Creation of system test plans based on specifications and standards.
- Define test cases and conduct designer level and product level testing.
- Manage small projects and technical resources, including planning, estimating and follow through.
- Works with the customer to further define requirements and to resolve issues.
- Communicate effectively with customers to improve overall system performance.
- Responsible for communication with customer on design definition.
- Responsible for project management and project review with customers.
- Responsible form mentoring Jr. Engineers for technical skills, guidance, programming skills, debugging skills.
- Design and implement new SW features with quality, manage project milestones
- Evaluate SW quality and performance and refine SW quality as much as possible
- Create the software requirements and system test plans.
- Communicate with customer regarding product design definition and review.
- A minimum 5 years of hands-on C++, C programming experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of software development experience in Linux OS environments.
- Must have software design and coding experience at least one or two areas from the following domains. Telematics, HD Radio, Satellite XM, Mobile apps, CarPlay, Android Auto, Mirror Link, Modem Radio Interface Layer (RIL) SW.
- Should be familiar with software version control tools.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electronics/Electrical Engineering
- MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electronics/Electrical Engineering (preferred)
- Experience in developing automotive multimedia/infotainment software highly desired.
- Experience with iOS, BlackBerry (QNX) based development.
- Experience in wireless modem or smartphone devices in association with CDMA, EVDO, 4GLTE, HSPA, etc.
- Experience with GIT, JIRA, Eclipse IDE.
- Strong hands-on skills on Software design, coding, debugging.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, communication, and customer facing skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Project Management and presentation skills (preferred).
TO APPLY: Click Here