Design and develop functional control software for new intelligent vehicle systems.
- Design and develop new software for automated and connected vehicle research projects.
- Work with Advanced Engineering project teams to develop new functional software for research and development of intelligent vehicle systems.
- Develop code using SIL simulation, transfer code to prototype vehicle environment, optimize and tune software parameters to meet prototype vehicle performance requirements.
- Design and develop software tools as needed to support data acquisition during advanced R&D projects.
- Design and develop new software to integrate functionality of autonomous vehicle subsystems (sensors, V2X signals, maps).
- Pursue innovative software solutions to provide optimized solutions to complex problems with focus on computational efficiency.
Collaborative Working Relationships
- Coordinate with Mobis engineering experts in Seoul, Korea. Support advanced engineering project teams.
- New software development for intelligent vehicle projects.
- Develop departmental software expertise and knowledge.
- 0 to 4 years of functional software related experience including :
- Designing vehicle active safety control software.
- Integrating various vehicle subsystem and sensor outputs for new functionalities.
- Optimizing functional software for computational efficiency.
- Software development with model based and C++ environments.
- B.S. in Engineering: Software, Electrical, Electronics, Computer
- Masters/PhD a plus
- Model Based Development, Matlab/Simulink
- Map data interfacing
- Control systems development
- Automotive Chassis electronics system knowledge
- Systems engineering
- Programming with C++
- Troubleshooting and debugging
- Programming in MBD environment
- Automotive chassis systems (steering, braking, controls)
- Development in simulation environment and vehicle environment
Key Result Areas & Success Indicators
- Development of functional software into prototype vehicle for advanced engineering projects.
- Effective communication and transfer of technology from Mobis HQ in Korea.
- Effective relations and coordination with advanced engineering project team leaders.
- Training and development of junior level engineers in department.
- Safe operations with no accidents.
- Up to 5% for business trips, domestic and abroad.
- Understanding/Sense of International affairs.
- Systematic thinking, understanding interconnections of complicated systems, ability to model systems for predicting outcomes.
- Flexibility/Adaptability for changes in work environment challenges.
TO Apply click here