To lead Infotainment Advanced SW development team at MTCA
- Deliver quality of software for North American specific features such as Broadcast (SXM, HD-Radio) meeting project milestones.
- Implement advanced product development plans and lead engineering team to execute projects for commercialization of new technologies.
- Leading North America (USA, Canada) broadcasting certification (HD Radio, SXM) working with wireless carriers, device certification agencies.
- Work together with R&D HQ in Korea to plan and execute projects, ensure that team has appropriate product and technical specifications (SXM. HD Data), direction, and resources to deliver products effectively by establishing realistic estimates from timelines while ensuring that projects remain on target to meet deadlines
- Provide a software development plan that meets the future needs of clients (Hyundai / Kia motors) and markets, especially for North America market features
- Provide detailed investigation/countermeasure for each S/W issues expecially immediate response during quality audit / DV validation.
- Monitor and evaluate each individual engineers' work performance
- Help developers resolve both technical problems as well as human resource issues
- Establish group objectives and lead continuous improvement initiatives related to processes and tools required for team engineering goals
- Provide leadership and guidance to coach, motivate, and lead team members to their optimum performance levels and career development
- Solid understanding of software development processes involved with automotive multimedia headunit
Collaborative Working Relationships
- MTCA Infotainment SW team and R&D HQ in Korea, MTCA Strategy and Planning team, and MNA Sales team.
- Leading and supervising SW developers
- Collaborate with HKMC customers and Mobis HQ departments from technical liaison perspective
- Involve in next generation of automotive infotainment platform development, acquiring the latest trends of infotainment technologies, broadcasting, and connected car.
- About 20+ years of experience in product design or working in the automotive industry, as well as 5+ years' experience in Leading/Managing role.
- 5+ yearsdeveloping advanced products and introducing new technology in automotive infotainment systems
- Must have other OE's broadcasting engineering experience (such as AM/FM, HD Radio, SXM)
- Must have full cycle of software product development experience from requirement definition, design, coding, test plan, product test.
- Must have program management skills
- Working knowledge of engineering concepts and principles.
- Excellent communication skill in terms of collaborating with R&D HQ and other teams.
- Excellent ability to identify and drive resolution to engineering problems.
- Familiar with coding skills including C, C++, Java, Rest and familiar with objected oriented programming concepts.
- Familiar with embedded systems and real time OS.
- Familiar with GENIVI
- S/W Engineering Degree B.S. in Electrical Engineering preferred.
Additional Experience Desired
- Understanding of JAVA, Android OS, Linux.
- Understanding of software release cycle.
- Implementation of advanced infotainment and connected car technologies such as 5G, C-V2X, DSRC, IEEE802.11p & 802.11ax, displays, haptics, interior cameras and monitoring algorithms.
- Understanding of broadcasting technologies and signal processing HD, SXM, AM/FM, TPEG decoder).
- Experience with American Center for Mobility(ACM) and M-City.
- Self-motivated, team player, action-and-results oriented.
- Well organized, good communication and reporting skills.
- Ability to successfully work under tight project deadlines.
- Travel to Korea may be required to support development.
- Problem solving
- Project management
TO APPLY click here