The Technical Analyst, R&D Strategy & Planning is responsible for the development of product proposal (MRD, PRD) and the coordination of all research for technology, market, product and data related to automotive industry to support engineering and sales teams in the Research & Development (R&D) groups at the Mobis Plymouth location.
- Develop new product proposal (MRD and PRD) for gate reviews
- Support the development of the mid- and long-term product planning strategy for MTCA teams.
- Conduct research activities for automotive technology, market trend, competitor information, customer activities, and automotive products & applications for the various product areas across the R&D teams.
- Support engineering teams benchmark tests and compile the results
- Attend conferences, seminars, trade shows and meetings relevant for the new product ideas and concepts; work with engineering teams for attendance.
- Identify network of academic research to support current and future product enhancement and collaboration.
- Understand and secure government rules and regulations pertinent to each product area
- Complete reports as needed; communicate daily, weekly and monthly with team and leadership.
- Secure product source from relevant publications and news feed updates.
- Assigned tasks
Collaborative Working Relationships
- Work collaboratively with R & D team members, sales team, and Mabuk colleagues (R&D Planning Team, Technical Strategy Team)
- Gather research data for numerous products associated with the R&D teams.
- Communicate regularly with leadership and teams to complete reports, schedule conferences for product teams, identify academic research collaborative opportunities and abide by company regulations.
- Coordinate with engineering teams and sales teams to support product strategy and roadmap
- 1-3 years of experience in technology research, engineering, product marketing and communications
- At least 2 years automotive engineering experience preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or equivalent experience with technical degree preferred. Master degree (M.B.A) preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
Key Result Areas & Success Indicators
- Strong market research reports completed in a timely manner
- Product development and new product planning
- Preferred Korean but not required
- Coordination & Integration
- Problem Solving
- Product & Process Understanding
- Analytical Thinking
TO APPLY click here