The Technical Specialist, Product Strategy & Planning, is responsible for the coordination of all product and marketing research and data to support engineering product teams (i.e., Multimedia, Steering, Driving Assistance Systems, Autonomous Driving Systems, Brakes, Lighting, and Integrated Center Stack) in the Research & Development (R&D) groups at the Mobis Plymouth location.
- Conduct product market, customer, and technology trend research activity.
- Coordinate and compile market research and data for the various product areas across the R&D teams.
- Understand and secure government rules and regulations pertinent to each product area.
- Support cost structure estimates as required.
- Complete reports as needed; communicate daily, weekly and monthly with team and leadership.
- Secure product source from relevant publications and news feed updates.
- Identify specific conferences, seminars, trade shows and meetings relevant for the product teams; work with product teams for attendance.
- Facilitate and support the development of the mid- and long-term product planning strategy for MTCA teams.
- Identify network of academic research to support current and future product enhancement and collaboration.
Collaborative Working Relationships
- Work collaboratively with R & D team members, sales team, and headquarter colleagues in Mabuk, Korea (R&D Planning Team, Technical Strategy Team)
- Gather research data for numerous products associated with the R&D teams.
- Communicate regularly with product teams to complete reports, schedule conferences for product teams, identify academic research collaborative opportunities and abide by company regulations.
- 1-3 years of experience in automotive parts market research, automotive technology research.
- Product marketing and/or marketing communications experience.
- At least 1-3 years automotive engineering experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or equivalent experience with technical degree preferred.
- Market and technology research skills
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
Key Result Areas & Success Indicators
- Strong market research reports completed in a timely manner
- Understanding of automotive industry and trend
- Preferred Korean but not required
- Coordination & Integration
- Problem Solving
- Product & Process Understanding
- Analytical Thinking
- ~20% to domestic and Korea
TO APPLY click here