MOBIS North America R&D Center in Plymouth MI, a branch of Hyundai MOBIS R&D Div., is looking for experienced Engineers, who are eager to join a rapidly expanding company. Working as a Project Engineer, supporting a major OEM's automotive projects, the position has wide scope across NA Branch and company headquarters (HQ) in Korea.
- Report to: Engineering Manager of Validation, partly to ICS/Electronics Engineering.
- Product/System: Validation, with a focus on Automotive ICS(Integrated Center Stack), Center Display, etc.
- Work and communicate with: Local Customers, Local team members, Research engineers from Korea and/or in Korea - Your project(s) may accompany HQ research engineers remotely or on your business site.
- Consult with Expatriate coordinator to enhance communication with R&D HQ.
- Understand design and manufacturing of electronic control modules and components.
- Experience working with vehicle electrical connectors, housings, and insulators.
- Experience working with CAD concepts (Drafting, FEA, animation) for FCA and GM.
- Working knowledge of device and tool development processes.
- Ability to read schematics and understand GD&T.
- Experience with spectrometer and luminance meter is a plus.
- Working knowledge of issue mitigation and management systems (PLM) is a plus.
- Engineer will be responsible for performing component level EE validation testing per DVP&R, generating reports, and documenting /tracking issues.
- Field failure analysis and solution evaluation for production product issues.
- Experience managing schedules and milestones.
- Experience working with internal OEM systems (CEMENT, Teamcenter, Rocket Software are a plus)
- Analyze customer and internal requirements and specifications and translates these into mechanical designs.
- Self-starter with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated, goal oriented, strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Perform Root Cause Analysis
- Support OEM development stage events based on product development timing
- Support electronic product design and development and OEM automotive subsystems.
- Act as Liaison Electronics Engineer and coordinate with MOBIS HQ and OEM for concept design thru final design requirements, including all design review / changes and feasibility reviews.
- Control and support Electronics Engineering data/documents delivery between OEM and MOBIS HQ.
- Work on site at MNA and also frequently offsite at OEM facilities (after-hours conference calls, ~30% travel time within Michigan required).
- Engineering Degree B.S. in Engineering or equivalent preferred.
- About 5+ years of experience in Electronic product design or working in the automotive industry with a focus on Electronics hardware, software, and design.
- Working knowledge of engineering concepts and principles.
- Excellent communication skill in terms of collaborating with R&D, marketing, manufacturing, domestic and third party suppliers and customers.
- Excellent ability to identify and drive resolution to engineering problems
- Ability to travel to manufacturing locations in the USA and global locations
- Previous automotive engineering experience at Tier 1 Supplier (GM preferred).
- Design level Electronic engineering experience with Major OEMs.
- International joint work experience.
To Apply click here