Design and test control algorithms for electric power steering to improve steering feel and dynamic vehicle performance.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Design and validate control algorithms for electric power steering systems
- Create algorithm/controller models using Matlab and Simulink
- Run simulations to analyze controller performance
- Support in-vehicle testing of new algorithms
- Develop thorough understanding of how to affect subjective steering feel
- Improve understanding of how steering controls influence dynamic vehicle performance
- Develop data analysis tools using Matlab
- Prepare project reports and documentation
- Understand the needs of the customer and be able to incorporate them into new projects
Collaborative Working Relationships
- MDPS team in North America
- MDPS and Testing teams in Mabuk, Korea
- 2-5 years in steering controls, or MS Degree, or 10 years in motor control or other automotive controls
- BS/MS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering (MS with focus on controls preferred)
- Experience designing and analyzing automotive components using CAE tools (MatLab, Simulink)
- Solid understanding of design concepts including mechanics, mechatronics, kinematics, materials science, etc.
- Thorough understanding of modern and classical control theory
- Modelling and simulation background of electro-mechanical systems
- Strong ability to apply control concepts to real world systems
- Good understanding of automotive systems, e.g. power steering, suspension, steering kinematics, vehicle dynamics, etc.
- Experience with Vector Tools (CANape)
- Good problem finding and solving ability
- Good interpersonal, written, and communication skills
- Previous steering control development experience
- Vehicle ride-and-handling evaluation experience
Key Result Areas & Success Indicators
- Development of new control algorithms and tuning practices
- Improved understanding of correlation between subjective and objective steering feel metrics
- Travel to Korea may be required to support development of the MOBIS EPS.
To apply click here